It can be expensive to get extensions for your hair. If you decide to splurge in such a luxury, you will want them to last, so you can get the most value for your money. This is why it’s so important to take good care of your hair extensions. Slight modifications in your daily routine and some extra TLC can go a long way in ensuring that they will look good for months. To know what you should do about aftercare, just read on!
· Separate the bonds daily. This may well be the most important part of aftercare. Separate each bond using your fingers, at least once a day. This ensures they sit apart from each other and prevent them from tangling at the root. Not to mention this will make it easier to remove the extensions after 3 to 4 months.
· Brush often and with the right tools. A paddle brush with natural and soft bristles would be perfect in detangling your hair extensions QLD has offered you without damaging them. If you have any bead attachments, a loop brush would work just as nicely. Begin at the bottom then move up in sections. Remember to be gentle and avoid pulling which will cause breakage.
· Wash carefully and correctly. Hair extensions in QLD don’t get as dirty as often natural hair, but that doesn’t mean you should skip washing. Washing is crucial for proper maintenance and should be done right. Detangle before applying a good shampoo and conditioner. Steer clear of supermarket stocked products though and go for salon brands instead.
· Secure before going to bed. Spare yourself from matted and tangled mane in the mornings by putting it in a braid to sleep. If you don’t want to end up with wavy locks, tie your hair in a low ponytail then put on a silk wrap from the tie to the ends. Never go to bed while your locks are still wet or damp as this puts pressure on the hair extensions cuticles and bonds.
· Be mindful when on holiday. Are you planning to go on vacation while wearing your extensions? Be wary of the water that you’ll be exposing them to. Minerals from the sea can cause discolouration while chlorine in pools may lead to brittleness. When going into the water can’t be avoided, consider wearing a swimming cap.
· Arrange for regular appointments. Keep up to date with your maintenance appointments every 4 to 6 weeks. This is vital in keeping your hair extensions in a healthy condition. It’s advised that you schedule in with your technician right after your fitting. For items bought from online stores, like Flik, turn to your local salon for assistance.
Even the best hair extensions won’t last long if you don’t take care of them properly, so invest in proper maintenance. Given the amount of time and effort involved, you could say that aftercare is much like a fulltime job. It is fine since it will all be worth the trouble in the end. A little sacrifice every day can ensure that your locks will look as fantastic as possible even after some time has passed. Learn more at https://flikhairextensions.com/